Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Weekend Preview Dec 21 and Midweek Recap Dec 18

With the winter break approaching (and thus reduced strain on my blogging time), I decided to be a bit optimistic about Spanish B-teamers making the first team as both were absent for matches midweek. My expectations of them playing are very low regardless though.

Also Asian Cup is nearing so we'll see if I simplify my spreadsheet or what once that kicks in and whenever a player leaves. Son will be later on but it sounds like Ki will leave next week.

Anyway, plenty of stuff on normal TV this weekend so enjoy the last match for many leagues.



DayTimePlayerClubOpponentTV
Friday1:30 PMPaik Seung HoGironaGetafeBeIn Sports
Saturday10:00 AMKi Sung YuengNewcastleFulhamNBC Gold
Saturday3:00 PMKwon Chang HoonDijon@St EtienneBeIn Play
Saturday3:00 PMSuk Hyun JunReimsCaenNone
Sunday6:00 AMLee Kang InValenciaHuescaBeIn Play
Sunday9:30 AMJi Dong WonAugsburgWolfsburgFox Sports 1
Sunday9:30 AMKoo Ja CheolAugsburgWolfsburgFox Sports 1
Sunday11:00 AMSon Heung MinTottenham@EvertonNBCSN



Paik Seung Ho-- I assume he will just warm the bench.


Ki Sung Yueng-- Ki should start at least one more time even if I wish he'd go after the boxing day business. Critical opportunity to build some points padding before he goes.


Kwon Chang Hoon-- Came on as a sub. I didn't get to watch but sounded like he had a good chance to score so hopefully he'll be able to contribute in the more important league. I would expect him to come on as a sub but maybe they want to give him a run out from the start before winter break.


Suk Hyun Jun-- Suk has been starting regularly recently and playing deep into matches, so I have to expect that this continues but not closely watching enough to know. Too bad BeIn is inaccessible for me.


Lee Kang In-- I have greater hopes of him playing but I'd expect this to be cameo material at best.


Ji Dong Won-- Ji got the surprise start, playing on the left. He started off really slowly in the literal sense as he was a half-step slow to everything. He did however grew into the match and while wasn't great, he did enough to outlast most of the other sloppy attackers. A positive trend but not sure if he'll start this weekend, both from a fitness perspective and Augsburg's need to score goals.


Koo Ja Cheol-- Koo had a good goal, trading passes with Schmid and Finnbogason before slotting the goal past the GK. He looked energetic playing on the right but he had a lot of poor touches. He did make up for a lot of those mistakes with hustle and fight but it wasn't really a great day. But Koo scored so I think thats enough for him to get the start Sunday.


Son Heung Min-- Son didn't do too much but he made it count when he got the chance when he got behind the defense by himself and scored Tottenham's first. It looked for a moment that he'd lose the moment as his feet / ball got somewhat tangled together but he got himself sorted before a nice finish. He didn't seem to get too involved in what I did see (I was partially watching while I worked) otherwise but also wasn't making mistakes either. He got rested after 70 minutes and given that, I'd think Son starts again Sunday.