Friday, May 24, 2019

Weekend Preview May 24 and Weekend Recap May 18

I'm contemplating a new format next year, given far fewer people here than say Twitter. I'd imagine I'd just put schedule in a pinned tweet, then a minutes / rating / comment in another. This site would then have much less content but I would persist in duplicating that data at the least. I'd try to have longer forms for season pre-/reviews, but want to reduce my week to week burden a bit. And my ability to watch has been severely impaired by the shift towards the disaster that is BeIn which I don't get and can't DVR. That said, nothing's set in stone and I imagine preseason will be a good test of new process before I make a final decision.

Anyway, last non-singular preview of the season which is real late as I didn't figure that the last match would be on a Friday.

Also important to note, you can see Lee Kang In and the Korean U20 WC team start their campaign vs Portugal on Saturday at 9:30 AM. The match will be on Fox Sports 2.



DayTimePlayerClubOpponentTV
Friday3:00 PMKwon Chang HoonDijonToulouseNone
Friday3:00 PMSuk Hyun JunReimsPSGBeIn
OffSon Heung MinTottenham
Summer BreakKoo Ja CheolAugsburg
Summer BreakJi Dong WonMainz
Summer BreakKi Sung YuengNewcastle



Kwon Chang Hoon-- The match got ugly real fast so hard how KCH did. They've still got a sliver of hope but they need a win. I imagine KCH will start but didn't watch last weekend.


Suk Hyun Jun-- Suk scored early, by pouncing on a lucky bounce, and that goal would be the match winner. Sadly I didn't get to see this live and he picked up an injury in training so he won't play this weekend.


Koo Ja Cheol-- Missed out with injury. We'll see where he ends up as it sounds like he won't return to Augsburg.


Ji Dong Won-- A surprise start given the risk to him, but the danger was low as Augsburg got destroyed and could barely get the ball up the pitch and his involvement was nil. My stream died but I'm certain I didn't miss much.